Fabricator manages all information about a project.
From the time a job is awarded and the material is multed for buying, through charging
final costs to the job, Fabricator puts you in control of all your resources.
MILL ORDER, integrated with purchase order, inventory and production
modules, gives you total control over acquiring and applying material.
- Mult automatically or manually. Quickly search your inventory to find stock or remnants
from previous jobs.
- Process mill cut and warehouse lengths to boost your buying power and cut costs.
- Place requirements on a purchase order and be assured that material will be applied to
the cutting list in the same manner it was purchased.
PURCHASE ORDER lets you place and receive orders for steel and
- Each piece of material carries its own pricing structure, including freight whether
ordered in pieces or bundles.
- Receive ordered material by line item and shipper number or by a total purchase order.
Trace quickly. The inventory file is automatically updated for job specific and stock
pieces with actual cost, bay location, heat number, and supplier information.
INVENTORY controls one of your most valuable assetsmaterial on
hand. Whats more, Inventory meets the requirements of a job shop fabricator and a
service center or steel warehouse...in a single package.
- Because stock and job specific material are managed within the same database, its
easy to transfer material from stock to job, or job to job.
- Track and return remnants to the database for use on future advance bills and cutting
- Use a wide range of standard reports and easily produce customized reports. All
database information is accessible.
DRAWING CONTROL lets you manage all the data vital to transmittals,
drawings, approvals, requests for information and telephone conversations, right from the
- Approval transmittals are tracked, and the status of every drawing can be queried by any
- Reports detailing the date each transmittal is sent for approval, the due date, and the
actual date of return make preparing for job site meetings a simple matter.
- You will always know the status of drawings when producing shop schedules and cut lists
because Drawing Control interfaces directly with the Production Control.
BILLS OF MATERIAL can be entered manually from shop drawings or
electronically through files created by most computerized detailing systems.
- When a piecemark is entered, the Mill Order file is updated to automatically include
sizing and cutting information.
- The system encourages control over the project to ensure that you use your material
according to plan.
- Cutting lists can be produced to pick out the fabrication zones desired, drawings to be
included, type or category of material, and whether or not you want main material or
|PRODUCTION CONTROL Production scheduling allows you to produce and release cutting lists as
drawings are approved and the raw material becomes available. You can prioritize the lists
according to production plan and delivery schedules.
Our truck loading module assists in staging each truckload
within its legal weight limit and will produce a shipping ticket to go along with each
Movement of material and application of labor is easily
tracked through the status reporting program. 'this real-time program provides needed
management information as pieces are produced. What's more, the information is readily
available to everyone in your organization.
OTHER FABRICATOR MODULES AVAILABLE
LABOR CALCULATOR lets you accurately schedule
your workload. Using the Shop Model setup in Estimator, this module calculates the labor
and routing for each piece on the bill of material. Because you will know how much labor
by shop process is on each job, you will be able to balance your releases to the shop.
CNC PARTS INTERFACE assists in programming your
parts. By using your existing tool manufacturer's program, you can directly access the
piecemark information from your bills of material database. This one-time input reduces
manual entry and eliminates the chances for error.
The following tools have been programmed:
- Peddinghaus Anglemaster
- Peddinghaus Beam Line
- Peddinghaus Drill Line
- Peddinghaus Fabripunch
- Peddinghaus Coper
Other machine tool modules are in development and testing.
Please inquire about any needed tool.
Mill Order Mult material to stock, drops, warehouse lengths or mill
ordered lengths to determine the most economical way to purchase.
User defined saw and shear allowances reduce errors by
eliminating manual calculations.
Individual multing parameters for every section let you buy
material the way it is rolled at the mill.
You can inquire into stock and remnants to determine whether
to buy material or use material that is on hand and available.
- Includes mill substitution of cut lengths to save labor.
- Taxes and freight are automatically calculated. When an
order is received, all costs are included in its inventory value.
- Custom reporting capabilities allow you to view orders in
any manner you wish.
- Use the forms supplied and plain paper or modify the
report to fit your existing forms.
- Open stock, remnants, and job material are stored in a
single database so the status of any piece can be changed easily without losing tracking
or historical data.
- History file maintains all adjustments to inventory, giving
you a complete audit trail stored in a database for inquiry and tracking.
- Heat numbers are retained when a piece has been cut to
provide traceability for certification.
- Remnants can be devalued when returned to stock to allow
realistic inventory valuation.
- Provides Request for Information Letter so that you can keep
track of requests and be prepared for meetings with full information.
- Daily notice of overdue return from approval letters
provides an expedited list of all past due paperwork.
- Drawing log created and maintained automatically via
Bills of Material and Production
- Provides access to files produced by many computerized
detailing systems to reduce input time and chance for error.
- Uses fabricator or job standard connections to streamline
input with less chance for error.
- Piecemarks, and even entire drawings can be put on hold with
just a single keystroke.
- Cutting lists are interfaced to inventory through the Mill
Order database to allow you to produce according to plan and eliminate costly last minute
- Provides a direct link to CNC programs so that one entry can
be used for the bill of material and to program CNC tools.
- Labor can be calculated to establish standard production
rates for employee and project evaluation.